Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thing #15

In the article "Into a New World of Librarianship," MichaelStephens talks about how things will change in the library. I like how he says that Web 2.0 is a strategy guide for helping users find and gather information. I have found this to be true for myself. Through Web 2.0, I have been introduced to all kinds of things that I did not know were out there. There are many ways to search for information that I didn't use before. The article goes on to talk about librarians embracing Web 2.0 tools and using them to help patrons. The most important thing I read in this article is about how the librarian knows that things are ever changing. Things that we are using now, may not be what we are using in several months. Librarians have to be continually learning and changing with what is most beneficial for their patrons.

No comments:

Post a Comment